Mornings can be such a drag, even more so if you're not a morning person.
Making your breakfast overnight can be a huge help, maybe allow you to sleep in a little longer.
This is one of my favorite meals to make since it's quick and easy. It takes around 10 minutes to prepare and "cooks" while you sleep. How awesome is that?
1. Pour 1/4 cup of Steel Cut Oats into a bowl.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of milk over the oats. If you like more than that, by all means keep pouring.
That is how you make overnight oats! So simple, right? Now, you're probably thinking that's not very flavorful, and you're right. The following steps are what I add to ensure I get a tasty and more nutritious meal.
3. For extra fiber and nutrients, add a heaping tablespoon of Chia Seeds. I bought these at Ross. Yes, the clothing store. (You don't have to pay full price for healthy)
4. Do you like vanilla? Then add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
5. Add a 1/4 cup of fruit- chopped, diced, puréed, whatever your beautiful heart desires.
6. A few dashes of cinnamon.
Voila! Now your breakfast is ready to be placed in the fridge.
Food should be ENJOYED. Taking care of your health shouldn't be a burden or boring. If it is, get creative. Have fun with it.
Have a STACKed day!