BBQ Turkey Burger
This had to be the MOST AMAZING burger I have ever made, let alone eaten. I made the fries from a sweet potato and the meat from extra lean ground turkey meat.
What you will need:
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (wash it)
- Oil ( I used extra virgin olive oil)
- Burger bun (Whole wheat)
- Cheese (optional)
- BBQ sauce
- Extra lean ground turkey meat ( I used 93% lean)
- 1/4 cup of EACH : chopped assorted peppers, chopped onions, shredded carrots.
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- To season the meat I used about 1/2 tablespoon of EACH: Paprika, cumin, garlic powder, ground black pepper.
Directions: Sweet Potato Fries
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F
- Cut the sweet potato in half, so you have 2 large chunks, NOT horizontally where you get 2 thin but long slices.
- Cut one of the halves in half and then cut into thick strips that resemble fries.
- Do the same to the other half.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fries.
- Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt and ground black pepper over the fries.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Directions: Turkey Burger
- Grab a bowl large, big enough to fit the whole package of ground turkey
- Add the peppers, onions, carrots and minced garlic
- Add the ground turkey
- Sprinkle the paprika, cumin, garlic powder and ground black pepper into the bowl.
- Mix everything together
- Once everything is mixed well, make small balls large enough for your burger bun, and then mush them down a little bit so they resemble a patty.
- Heat up the pan with a little bit of olive oil in it. You're going to cook on a medium to high temperature.
- Add the meat and let it cook (about 5 min each side, depends on the thickness of the patty too.)
- Once your meat is fully cooked, place it on a burger bun.
- Add cheese, BBQ and top it off with avocado and arugula.
VOILA! All done. Enjoy your STACKed BBQ Turkey Burger.